Wednesday, June 11, 2014

"I'm a haircutter."

April 2, 2014
So this is what happened this morning:
I was in the bathroom getting ready, when Laura came in wearing a orange Home Depot apron and a orange hard hat looking to throw something in the garbage and saying, "I'm a hair cutter." As I stared at her, I quickly checked the garbage and confirmed that it was long piece of hair that she had thrown away. As I began to question her, her look grew scared as I told her take off her gear and I headed downstairs to find Kate. I found Kate sitting in the kitchen surrounded by hair with a small pair of red scissors in her hand. But knowing her scissor skills, I was pretty sure that she had not been the one able to do all the cutting. I followed the trail of hair into the living room where there was piles of it everywhere. Wispy strands and long ones strewn all over the hardwood. I was in full shock. I went back to Kate and started checking her out. Remarkably, although there was a lot of short hair, there was no exposed scalp. On the verge of tears(yes, well even I cry over bad haircuts), I called Shane and told him what had happened. Laura had been sent to her room and Kate was told to sit on a chair while I went around on hands and knees sweeping up all the hair. The amount was overwhelming. Laura called to me and I found she had accidently ripped a page and as I took the book from her and carried it downstairs, I saw a clump of hair in the book. Thinking I better check Laura more thoroughly, I headed back up to her room and found more hair on her bed and more coming out as I touched the back of her hair. It's hard to tell how much she cut of her own hair because just yesterday I had to cut a knot out of her hair in that same spot(she still twirls her hair into knots). The photos posted before do not do justice to the amount of hair cut. It's unreal. Kate is fine, she isn't bothered by it all. Although when I talked to her about her hair, she pointed up and said "Ora." So I know she knows that Laura is in trouble for cutting her hair.

No comments: